Reports to: SVP Marketing
The Product Marketing Manager will direct all product marketing efforts to differentiate our products under the Watchdog brand; and collaborate with product owners and sales teams to position and message products. The manager leads a team of product specialists possessing in-depth knowledge of designated product lines, competitive landscape, and buyer needs and behaviors to develop fully integrated marketing programs. The role encompasses traditional advertising, digital marketing, direct marketing, public relations, content marketing, branch collateral, and product reviews.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assists SVP of Marketing with development and execution of annual marketing plan and budget in support of organization’s business plan.
· Manage and develop product marketing staff by recruiting, training, coaching, directing, and performance management.
· Oversee media plan within established budgets, recommending adjustments as needed. Coordinating agency resources for maximum efficiency and value.
· Conduct market research, and stay abreast of competitor offerings and industry trends to identify and capitalize upon opportunities in a timely manner.
· Utilize MCIF database to analyze membership demographics, product and membership profitability, and market share opportunity.
· Collaborate with sales, product owners, and marketing staff to conceive, direct, and implement multi-channel and integrated marketing campaigns that promote SCCU products and increase sales volumes.
· Map the consumer buying journey for each product, and conceive digital marketing strategies to effectively target consumers at each stage, continuously analyzing performance and optimizing.
· Ensure consistent brand messaging to differentiate the Watchdog value proposition, and increase brand awareness.
· Communicate the value proposition of products to the sales team and develop sales tools that support the selling process of our products
· Analyze and report upon marketing programs and advertising effectiveness; continually optimizing to drive production and profitability.
· Oversee member communications to enhance the member experience and support service recovery; adding value through onboarding, product use explanations, cross-selling, and financial education.
· Direct content creation for SCCU blogs, newsletter, infographics, press releases and social media channels
· Manage the collection and reporting of SCCU reviews and customer satisfaction results; analyze member feedback to identify product and service improvements, and collaborate on implementation of solutions.
· Represents marketing and the consumer point-of-view on cross-functional project teams
· Stay abreast of regulatory laws and requirements, and ensure compliance
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
· Travels occasionally and works some weekend and after evening hours.
· Maintains knowledge of SCCU products and processes, and accurately identifies and solicits the appropriate SCCU resources that can provide such knowledge when needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Training:
· Four-year college (Bachelor’s degree) or equivalent experience, preferably in Marketing or Public Relations
· Three (3) – five (5) years leadership and management experience, marketing management preferred
· Experience in general project management, marketing, advertising, product promotion, and branding desired
· Experience with digital marketing, email marketing, paid search, social media, and content marketing a plus
· Effective communication skills with a proven ability to work with cross-functional teams.
Other Special Skills and Abilities:
· Prepares annual budget projections for the department, operates within its guidelines and monitors departmental performance in order to operate within SCCU financial objectives.
· Motivates subordinates and team/project members by soliciting their input, delegating work/decision making downward in the organization, empowering employees.
· Consistently adheres to an appropriate set of core values, and acts in accordance with those values. Strives for ethical solutions to problems/roadblocks. Is seen as a truthful individual who keeps confidences. Does not blame others for his/her mistakes or misrepresent him/her self for personal gain or protection.
· Provides timely, direct feedback and information to individuals to enable them to make accurate, informed decisions. Demonstrates effective face-to-face communications, telephone interactions, and written communications. Articulates ideas and writes reports, technical materials, and correspondence in a clear, concise manner.
· Consistently and accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects, sets objectives and goals, anticipates and adjusts for problems/roadblocks, and measures performance against goals to evaluate results. Uses broad knowledge and perspective to create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans. Orchestrates multiple activities simultaneously.
· Consistently demonstrates a courteous, tactful and professional approach in dealing with members and internal and external customers in accordance with established customer service standards. Demonstrates concern and respect for others in all interactions, and inspires their confidence and trust.
· Demonstrates effective face-to-face communications, and telephone interactions, in accordance with established customer service standards. Articulates ideas, including written communications in a clear, concise manner.
· Modifies personal style or approach in order to adjust to changing environments and respond quickly to new situations. Gives fair consideration to new points of view and reorganizes project/work in order to quickly accommodate urgent tasks.
· Consistently demonstrates self-motivation and independent problem solving skills, requiring only minimal direct supervision, in order to maximize individual productivity and efficiency and attain member satisfaction. Proposes enhancements to work methods or procedures in order to improve process efficiency and/or the quality of results.